Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And so it begins

Finally, I was able to wake up early enough to finish a decent 5k around our village's grandstand. I got up around 5:40 this morning (sorry Monix! Di kita naabutan ahuhu nektaym promise) and did my round of stretches, then went about waking up my dad and two siblings which actually was a workout in itself. Big brother opted to sleep in, while my dad and sister took a good twenty minutes getting out of bed.

My dad and I went ahead as my sister was still a bit stoned from sleeping too late (poor thing). We walked from home to the grandstand, which I think is roughly... I honestly don't know. Let's say 1.5k for the sake of measurement. It was a good thing since it served as our warm up and at the same time, I was able to bond with my dad. Little sister followed by car after a few minutes.

The whole round is about 1000meters, and my dad told me that I should time my first three rounds (roughly over two miles) as basis. Fast runners usually get 12 minutes tops while others have times playing around 17 to 19 minutes at most, he said. So I did my rounds and got a time of 21 minutes. BLAH.

I did two rounds more and sprinted an additional half round, then cooled down by walking back home with my dad and sister.

I don't really know how to train, so I just run. I know there's supposed to be some kind of daily routine for these things but I don't exactly know what. I think I should start asking people. For now, I'm thinking of adding an additional kilometer (or rounds, whichever) per day or every other day, so tomorrow morning it's 6k/another two rounds for me.

I'm planning on doing extra workouts this afternoon at the gym, mostly core and weights. That is, if I'm not yet worn out from enlisting later. Ah, UP. Gotta love it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you dead to me. boo you! hahahahaha. :D

hoy go join me na next week! 21k sa dnd-afp!

MD said...

oh and here are helpful running blogs:

jaymie: http://thebullrunner.com
gen. narcise: http://baldrunner.com

go browse through them, and leave a comment. they're lovely, lovely people :D

Jenna S said...

21k!!! WTF I'll literally be dead at the end of the race haha I'm not prepared! Next time I'll join fo sho :)

they have training chever I can get ideas from? Coolio I'll check em out!