Sunday, May 25, 2014

New Beginnings

Out of all the inconsistencies in my life, my fitness routine probably tops the list given how long I've had this blog and how rarely I update. I've been setting my weight loss goal aside for as long as I can remember, using med school (we've been assigned to a relatively far barangay for Community Medicine for six weeks) new business ventures (product placement: we sell PICOLE healthy ice pops! Contact me for details hihi), and life in general as excuses.

The last time I felt good about my weight and figure was a good ten years - and roughly twenty pounds - ago, and I can honestly say I've yet to regain the confidence I had back then. I used to have a really flat stomach and toned arms during my swimming and volleyball days in high school and my first few years in college. Now all I (still) have is a flat chest. :(

So, I've taken it upon myself to finally, finally, FINALLY get my shit together and start a workout plan I can commit to. The goal is to get a good 30 to 45 minutes of exercise at least four to five times a week. Lately, I've been doing Insanity (currently on my 20th day, woohoo!) during the days I'm home, and skip roping during the days I'm in the community.

I've also been trying to get over my fear of weighing scales because, duh, you can't set a weight loss goal for yourself if you don't know how much you currently weigh. I haven't gotten around to weighing myself yet; I'm kinda waiting to get visual results first before I make my first attempt. I know it sounds stupid, buuuut I'm working on it!

I've also been thinking about training for a triathlon (kasi naman nainggit ako sa mga kaibigan kong pumapower athlete. Hi nga pala, Aissa hahahaha) but who am I kidding. I neither have the time nor the discipline at the moment. It's in my list for after I graduate though, for sure!

Ayun lang, nothing really interesting, just me pushing myself to start working out (and writing) and sharing it with whoever is interested! Let's start living healthy, friends! It's true what they say: losing weight becomes harder as you grow older. I took this for granted kaya START EARLY, GUYS. Don't make the same mistake I made!

That is all! 'til next tiiiiiime :D



No comments: